Dating and Relationships During Coronavirus COVID-19. Stats & Tips
Whatever happens in his world – communication and romance are what every human being needs to survive. Even during the time of coronavirus quarantine and self-isolation, we need to keep in touch with our beloved and support each other.
COVID-19 hit the planet the moment when we least expected it. Spring 2020 is different from the rest of the blossoming seasons that we used to have. Instead of enjoying long spring walks and long dinners on the patio, all of us need to adjust to the new reality. And what about romance and building relationships? Does it mean that due to the coronavirus pandemic all the lonely people won’t be able to meet their second halves? No way! There is always a way out of the most complicated situation. We are here to prove it.
Online dating is one of the best time-tested ways to find your second half. The online dating segment attracts a growing number of people in the USA and all over the world. According to statistics, the revenue is expected to show an annual growth rate of 9.3%, resulting in a market volume of US$2,505m by 2024.
The same source states that revenue in the Online Dating segment amounts to US$1,754m in 2020. All that it means is that the number of people looking for love online grows yearly. The coronavirus pandemic will end soon and you will be able to meet in person with the person who hits your heart.
In this article, we want to share some useful tips for those people who want to find their perfect match in isolation, as well as those of you who are already in a relationship and want to keep on dating when the pandemic ends.
Tips for Those Looking for a Love Match During the Pandemic
At the moment when the whole world has pressed on pause, you have a lot of time to focus on your private life and look for the right person for love and romance. Luckily, there are many online dating sites that help people from overseas meet each other, communicate, and begin long-lasting relationships. This includes:
- Tinder is a photo-heavy application, with over 2 billion views every day. It lets you look through lists of potential partners, send messages, and then arrange dates. It’s stated that the application is responsible for over 1 million dates per day all over the world. Tinder is more about arranging casual dating. It doesn’t feature as detailed profiles as on other online dating sites. However, here you can display your name, job, company, education, location, brief description, and links to your Instagram and Spotify accounts.
- Match lets you create a detailed profile that will help you find your potential partner using the criteria search. There is also a “zen mode” that lets you get contacted only by those profiles that match your search. The online dating site is free to use. There is also a premium subscription available. You can switch to it whenever you wish.
- VictoriyaClub is the leading online dating site that lets men from the USA, Canada, Europe, and other countries find women from Eastern and Western Europe. The online dating site features all that you need to let registered members search for their potential love matches, communicate with one another, and arrange dates. The site even helps men to arrange their visits to the country where their lady lives.
Select an online dating site and create your profile
The choice of the online dating site depends on your personal demands and expectations. Choose the platform that appeals to you the most. Are you ready to fill in a detailed profile page or writing a brief description will be enough for you? Also, would you like to communicate in chat or you prefer watching your lady on a web camera? Different online dating sites offer different functionality.
Embrace the real you
When looking for your match online, it’s absolutely fine that you would like to look your best. However, when you turn on the camera or meet your match after the pandemic ends, your potential partner will be surprised to see the real you. So, when filling in your profile details, upload the picture of the real you. Do not heavily use PhotoShop or other image editing tools. It’s OK to show your natural beauty and make your potential partner fall in love with you.
Be honest and direct
When you meet someone special during the pandemic, you can feel the chemistry happening between you through a video chat. If everything goes well and you keep on communicating through the whole period of the coronavirus quarantine, someday you or your partner will have a desire to schedule a date in real-time. Are you ready for this? Or you’d better wait for another chance? Do not be shy to be honest with your partner.
Tips for Those Already in a Relationship During the Pandemic
If you are already in the relationship and want it to thrive through the coronavirus crisis, then the following tips will help your romance thrive.
- Make a plan when you will have a date at home. There are so many things to do while you are quarantined. If you are locked at home with your second half during the pandemic, this doesn’t mean that you cannot organize a romantic evening. This can be everything, including a game night, painting, sipping your favorite drink, or just cuddling up under the blanket.
- Don’t expect your partner to be your everything. Your partner might be the only one with whom you can interact during the time of the lockdown. Rather than overwhelming your second half with all your emotions and thoughts, try to find other avenues and other people in your support network. Is there anyone else with whom you can connect virtually or through a distance hangout? Luckily, there are plenty of tools and software that can help you communicate with other people who are also locked in their homes.
- Focus on listening and understanding. When you are locked at home, you might have some arguments and disputes with your partner. Especially during the time of the pandemic, there are a lot of problems that you might not have a solution. When you feel that the situation gets tougher, put a pause on the conversation, and try to do something else.
- Don’t be shy to talk about the things that you do not like. The problem that many couples all over the world face today is that they start to notice imperfections in their partners. Before the quarantine, you didn’t have a chance to spend so much time at home with your second half. But now, when you have to isolate yourself from the outer world you start to notice things that you didn’t see before. When this happens to you, do not keep silent and talk about the things that are going on.
The quarantine will end soon. If you are alone, we wish you find your love match as soon as possible. Use the time of the lockdown to find your match online. If you are self-isolating with your beloved, we wish you to keep your tender feeling when the pandemic is over.
Summer is about to start. Make sure to check the best summer date ideas.
Marissa Bonner is a renowned dating expert with over 10 years of experience in the industry. With a Master’s degree in psychology and a background in counseling, Marissa has helped thousands of singles find love and build meaningful relationships.
Her approach to dating is centered around helping individuals identify their unique needs and desires in a partner, and empowering them with the skills and tools to communicate effectively and navigate the complex world of dating.