It is easier to start talking with a girl you like on the Internet than in life. In a few clicks, you can find out everything about her. You can understand where she works or studies, what she enjoys, what movies she watches and what music she listens.
But what to write to her in the first message on the internet, so that the girl paid attention and wanted to continue the conversation? In our article, we will talk online dating first message. I will tell you what you should not write there. Also, at the end of the article, you will find several examples of successful online dating.
First message to the girl
The first message should be brief, but should directly or indirectly answer the three main questions that will necessarily arise in the mind of any girl after she reads your “Hello.”
These questions are:
- Who are you: what is your name, how did you find her in the network?
- The purpose of dating: chat, have fun, go on a date.
- The reason why you chose her: what do you have in common, what did you like about her?
The order of these abstracts may vary depending on the situation. The primary objective of the first message is to interest the girl, make her draw her attention to you. You do not need to write a whole sheet of text or invent elaborate greetings. It is enough to write 1-2 correct sentences. Do not forget to say hello and introduce yourself by the name that your friends call you. Avoid too familiar forms as well.
Yes, the page already has your name, but a presentation is a simple form of etiquette when meeting. Is it hard for you to come up with a good reason for communication? The desire to communicate is already an excellent excuse for the first message. Do not intimidate the girl, telling about the desire to start a family and have children, even if you are looking for your future wife. Carefully review her page.
Pay attention to books, music, and movies. How does a girl differ from others? What is she proud of? What unites you? Write that you saw a photo from a recent concert of your favorite group on her page. Or that you noticed a selection of Nolan’s works in her videos. Show her that she is not just another girl, to whom you “copy-paste” the prepared text, but that she is special. She will at least be interested in what kind of person you are if you point out the community of interests, and she will want to continue communication with you.
The most common mistakes
The first message should be original. These should be online dating messages that get responses. You cannot start a conversation with stamps or hackneyed phrases, for example: “Hello! How are you?” If you write something like this, then in 9 out of 10 cases she will ignore the message.
And this includes not only messages like “I would like to look at you closely!” But also compliments to the girl’s figure, even if she put a profile photo of herself in a bathing suit
Using slang expressions and swear words
It seems that this is understandable, but many of the first messages from men are still replete with various slang expressions. And if the girl decided to ignore, you should never insult her. Even if you never cross again, you should never look bad even on the internet.
The presence of grammatical errors
Check what you write. Pay special attention to commas. No one will find fault if small punctual errors slip in the message, but the complete lack of understanding of the grammar of your language will scare away the adult girl.
Never use fake pages or the one with no personal photos. Put yourself in the girl’s place. Would you in her place meet a man who has no friends on the page, but has the Hollywood actor or the latest model Lamborghini appear as a profile photo?
First message online dating examples
– Hi, Cierra! My name is Tom. I accidentally stumbled upon your page, and I want to meet. You have a painfully charming smile on the avatar 🙂
– Well, hello, Tom! Thanks for the compliment.
– Or maybe we will meet and continue communication outside the Internet?
– Sorry, but I do not go on dates with the first comer.
– You can go to my page and check it. There is quite a lot about me. You would not know so much about a stranger from the street if they come to meet you 🙂 By the way, I also have a Rottweiler. Maybe we can meet, and walk with the dogs? How about tomorrow night?
– Good. Here is my number.
Example 2. Common Passion – Travels
– Hello, Cierra! I searched Baikal hashtag in the news and accidentally hit your page. I saw that we were both from the same city and that you went there this summer. I will not take much time if I ask a couple of questions about the trip. By the way, I forgot to introduce myself – my name is Tom.
– Hello! Nice to meet you 🙂 Only a few people from our city get to Baikal nowadays. Ask what you want. I will try to answer.
– Or maybe we will meet somewhere for a cup of coffee? I think that it will be more convenient. In general, I love traveling around the world. I can give you routes that are more interesting.
– Yes, why not? Today I am busy, but it is possible to do it tomorrow after work. I finish at eight. Conveniently?
– Yes, it is convenient. Leave your number, please. In case, if I lose you there.
– Have a nice day
Example 3. First message a girl who likes music
– Hello, Cierra! My name is Tom. I saw photos and videos that you recently uploaded to the RHCP group, and wanted to ask how everything went. I did not manage to go there in Paris, but the day after tomorrow they will be in the city nearby. Now I wonder if I should go there or not.
– Good morning! Of course, you need to go! Everything went great.
– Great. And I got another question. Do you want to meet and talk face to face about this group? I skimmed through your page and realized that we have a lot in common. I think it will be interesting for us to talk. For example, we can meet tonight in the city and drink coffee.
– I am skeptical about this kind of proposals…
– It does not oblige you to anything. Besides, we will be in a crowded place.
– Ok, we can try.
– Let’s meet at 8 pm. Also, write your phone number if you suddenly get lost.
These were the best online dating messages. Also, depending on the situation, you can try funny first messages for online dating.